Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Work in progress

Welcome to my blog!
I finally decided to work on a blog to document all my race experiences and travels around the world.  I have a vision of how I want this page to look.   I travel around the country running races.  I like to read bloggers reviews of races before I pick which ones I want to do.  But I have not found any blogs that really hit up all the points I'm looking for so I decided to start my own.  I'm not super competitive.  If you are looking for a blog that describes the route turn by turn so you can determine where you can get a PR, this is not the blog for you.   I like to keep it short and sweet.  I tend to go with the overall vibe of the race.  The things I look for are: good overall organization, swag (I'll do any thing for a cute medal!), I love a good theme (I do like to dress up from time to time), the course and surrounding area attractions (who wants to fly just to run a race in the middle of no where).   Also, I feel like you have to compare apples to apples and oranges to oranges.  There are certain things you can expect from the big city race and there are others things you get at a small town race.  If you are running a small race in rural New Hampshire, you should not expect the same crowds as the New York City marathon.  Likewise, if you run a race with 30,000 people expect there will be some restrictions that may cause you to deviate from your usual pre-race routine.

No comments:

Post a Comment